Bay Area nurses are preparing to hold a series of demonstrations this Thursday, January 13, at nine area hospitals to demand safer working conditions.
The union action, planned by the California Nurses Association/National Nurses United and Caregiver Healthcare Employees Union, will also condemn the decision announced Saturday by the California Department of Public Health allowing asymptomatic workers who test positive for COVID-19 to return to work immediately without isolation or testing.
Actions are planned at different times in the following hospitals in the region:
- 6:30 am: University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, Parnassus Campus, San Francisco.
- 7:30 am: Marinhealth (formerly Marin General), Greenbrae;
- 8 am: Sutter Delta Medical Center, Antioch
- 8 am: Hospital Buen Samaritano, San José
- 8 am: Kaiser Oakland Medical Center, Oakland
- 2 pm: Children's Hospital Oakland, Oakland
- 2 pm: CPMC Van Ness Campus, San Francisco
- 2:30 pm: San José Regional Medical Center, San José.
- 5 pm: Sutter Regional Hospital Santa Rosa, Santa Rosa
You may be interested in: CDC Cuts Isolation Time for Asymptomatic COVID-19 Asymptomatics